Tuesday, Allyson and I went to the Museum of Natural Science for Mommy/Daughter day before I went back to work. I wasn't sure if we were going to ever get there. Polly (my GPS) was taking me all these crazy ways. When we got almost there I started looking for McDonald's. I was going to pick up lunch and we were going to have a picnic outside the museum. Well, I programmed it in my GPS and had to back track 2 miles. Not far, but in downtown it took forever. We got to McDonald's got lunch and were heading toward the museum. Polly wanted me to turn left and the museum was right there on the corner, just on the other side of the street. Trouble was, there was a NO LEFT TURN sign. But Polly said for me to turn, what is a girl to do. I went up a little further to make a U-turn, but NO, every sign said NO U-TURN. I finally found a turn lane, but the turn lane was on the Metro Rail tracks. I got in it and hoped no train would come. It did. I scooted over into the straight lane and went straight. Then there were no U-TURN signs again. By this time, Allyson was screaming for her lunch so I was handing her chicken nuggets in the back seat. I ate my burger too! We FINALLY made it there and I think God blessed me with a good close parking spot, for being so patient on the frustrating drive there.
We got out of the car and found a bench to sit on. Allyson had one chicken nugget and apples left, and I had fries left. We ate them and then went in. When we got in, I started noticing something, everyone sitting at the tables in the lobby had McDonald's bags. Yes, that is right, there was a McDonald's in the museum. I guess I will know next time!!!
We saw the Deep into the Sea 3D
Imax movie. Allyson didn't really like it much. I don't think she liked the fish being so close, there were a couple of parts were larger fish ate smaller ones, and I think it scared her. She took her glasses off and wouldn't put them back on. She got bored watching it, but I would have too if I was watching it all blurry. When it was over, we walked around the museum. Allyson liked the dinosaurs and the animals. I am glad she didn't ask about the bloody zebra legs next to the lions. I wasn't ready to explain that! After we looked at everything we got a hot fudge sundae at McDonald's and headed home. Allyson fell asleep before we had been in the car five minutes! It was a fun day with only a few melt downs, but that is what I get for going at nap time!!!
I enjoyed getting to spend the day with Allyson! We haven't had much time just the two of us since baby brother arrived!!
Our picnic "McDonald's" lunch outside the museum



Waiting for the movie to start!
No comments:
Post a Comment